Saturday, October 06, 2012

NYC is the place to be

Been a long while since I've (b)logged a post... hopefully any quasi-faithful readers I may have are entertaining themselves by perusing my flickr images from Russia.  If you have me on Facebook, the full collection of Moscow and St Petersburg photos are there.  I've had a Russia blog 'in the works' for about 2 months now, but those who know me are also aware that every September my other obsession - the Toronto International Film Festival - pretty much takes over my life.

With that behind us, NYC seems to be the place to be.  Many friends appeared to be down in the big apple last weekend, including the biggest Broadway enthusiast I know - my co-worker Hellen, whom I hope to grill (er, interview) one day for some tips and tricks on how to score cheap theatre tickets.  If time permits I'll try to put some of the helpful info Hellen has given me to use and catch a show while I'm in NYC myself this weekend.  Earlier in the week I sort of went off the deep-end on the NY Groupon site, so look out for some mini-reviews as I set out for various meals and a Kips Bay Mani-Pedi!

One of my favourite bloggers, Christine Estima, has touched down in Queens this evening.  Hope to grab brekkie or a coffee with her this weekend before she escapes the continent for the remainder of the year!  Eeither way, pretty sure we can all look forward to some great NYC street art on her blog soon.

Another event I've just been made aware of is a film festival going on in New York City this weekend called the Gotham Screen International Film Festival, where an old classmate of mine, filmmaker Michael Penney, is screening his latest short film.  Something different to check out if you happen to be in the city, his film is screening on Monday, October 8th at 9pm.

Aside from that, this is pretty much my usual jaunt down to the Big Apple.  Wish I had more time to elaborate on my plans, but packing should take priority since my flight is in the morning!  Look out for my tweets and updates!

This is me...not quite packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment