Thursday, February 28, 2013

Union to Union - eventually??

That is...Union Station (where my Porter shuttle bus picks me up - note: during Union Station construction, shuttles are stopping on the southwest corner of Front and University, where the Casey's is, instead of next to the Royal York Hotel) to Union Square, NYC. Granted my flight this morning had be turned around so I'm currently sitting in the Porter lounge eating way too many delicious heavily-salted almonds and using the complimentary wifi. We had trouble with the cabin pressure so there were a lot of hurting ears as we got off the plane. Not really the greatest way to start a trip.

I don't normally travel in winter months, unless it's to Asia, but a Porter sale earlier in the year made it too tempting. Also I'm desperate for any sort of getaway.

New for this trip:
Cat on A Hot Tin Roof (staring Scarlett Johanssen)
Harry Potter exhibition
Brooklyn Museum (hopefully - target free Saturday is happening this evening if I ever make it)

While in Brooklyn I would like to do some more exploring, however outside of Williamsburg I'm still at a loss for what exactly appeal is... Help me out here...If you have any recommendations that are walking distance from the Brooklyn Museum I'd love to hear it. However please keep in mind the weather ain't tropical so I'd rather not freeze my butt off finding a rare gem of a brownstone building. Brooklyn is such a huge borough I think it's inaccurate to say it's happening place, rather be more specific... 'Williamsburg is a happening place' etc.

Anyway, this morning's timelines:
Left my place 7:30am, 15 mins later than planned.
Coffee at Everyday Gourmet at the St Lawrence Market - try the Muskoka Morning!
7:40am Speed-walking through Brookfield Place, get outside, see relocation sign, and then the shuttle
8:00am shuttle departs, traffic is good and it takes 5 mins
8:14 impatiently waiting on ferry, tweeting about how I can't wait for the tunnel to be built
8:32 thru security ( I was first in line!) and strolling into lounge as they're paging me to validate my passport...well at least they pronounced my name right.

We did depart on time initially... pesky air pressure...

Back on the plane now....wish me luck on take 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment